Camp Fire Butte County CA

Post your pics here... Vacations, hobbies, arts & crafts, photography, job related, etc.
mystic

Camp Fire Butte County CA

Post by mystic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 pm

So yesterday Camp Fire in California started at 6:30am. I live in Chico CA, Butte county. We are in a state of emergency with the Camp Fire, called that because it originated near Camp Creek. Our in laws are staying here with us, they got evacuated from Durham. My aunt's house in Paradise is presumed to be rubble, she barely escaped with her dogs and husband driving through fire to get out. My neighbor works in Paradise at the hospital and was lucky he took his motorcycle to work yesterday morning so he was able to get through gridlock to get to safety. Pretty much the entire town of Paradise is burned to ashes, it's 25 minutes away up the hill, I'm in the valley, and the entire town of 30,000 people evacuated to my small city or near by. It's tragic and sad. People have lost their lives, their homes, their businesses, people are missing, pets are missing. All day yesterday and today the sky is dark, like evening time even though it's mid day. The fire is threatening Chico now, it's just on the outskirts of the city limits but firefighters are working their butts off and keeping us safe. We may have to evacuate at some point but it looks unlikely, or maybe wishful thinking. After 24 hours since the fire started it's now at 70,000+ acres and only 5% containment. The pics are from my backyard, the more vibrant one is from 2 hours after the fire started, the dark orange one is from today. And the other 2 are ashes on my Father in laws truck and our patio table.

[ Post made via Android ]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yukon Cornelius
Game Server Admin
Game Server Admin

Re: Camp Fire Butte County CA

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:22 pm

It's safe to say that all our hearts are with you. Please leave if the order is given Fire can move at an incredible speeds when conditions are right and they seem to be at this time. Good luck ,do what you have to do to stay safe.
Matt

mystic

Post by mystic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:45 pm

I have things prepped for evacuation in case we have to leave, I filled our gas tank today and went to a couple stores to get necessities. The containment line has now allowed the part of east Chico that was evacuated to return today. The fire is now the most destructive fire in California history with and estimated 6600 homes destroyed so far and an estimated 260 commercial buildings, 9 fatalities, and at 90,000 acres with 5% containment. Met an older gentleman at the gas station today who told me his house is gone, I couldn't help but give him a hug and try to comfort him. He said he has his wife, their dog and RV. Overheard a phone call on speaker phone when I was in line of an elderly man and his wife next to me, while they were told they were being sent 2 photos of their now totally destroyed home and his response was it's just a house, it's okay. Saw lots of kindness today with total strangers and as sad as this is that kindness goes a long way. I'm sure we will be okay. But my heart goes to those severely affected including some of my family and friends.

NAILS
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by NAILS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Positive thoughts from me to you and yours. Do whatever it takes to stay safe.

Take heed in Yukons words. He is a firefighter and knows what he's talking about for certain.
* You Can't Bullshit a Bullshitter *

Plunkin'
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!

Post by Plunkin' » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 am

NAILS wrote: We have some awesome people here. Not sure why but who cares

NAILS
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by NAILS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 am

Whoa...been hearing some stuff about that fire and it sounds devastating.
Hope you're safe.

mystic

Post by mystic » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:56 pm

We're safe, I pay close attention to local authorities on social media and local news. As of tonight it's 130,000 acres with 35% containment and 48 deceased. FEMA is here now. My in laws were allowed home after evacuation was lifted in their area but the fire burned less than a mile from their house and a spot fire across from the house that was put out. My aunt and her husband confirmed their house was destroyed. My cousin, his wife and their 4 year old son lost everything as well. Still haven't found out if my friend's house is there or not as fires are still burning in his area. It's very tragic and we're far from nearing the end. It's now California's deadliest and most destructive fire in California history. So thankful for our fire fighters, CHP, Police and everyone helping. I doubt we will get an evacuation order or warning but my neighbors and I are prepped just in case. Luckily I live in a part of Chico that if it were to spread here (which it did get to just outside the city limits but containment lines held), we would have enough time to safely evacuate. The entire county is on high anxiety and our hearts are broken. So sad.

NAILS
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by NAILS » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:39 am

Hang in there...