jetpacks fun not working - i think?

Anything Tech... questions, new stuff, etc.
Jacko
Game Server Admin
Game Server Admin

jetpacks fun not working - i think?

Post by Jacko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

tried to enable jetpacks and they do not seem to be working - can someone take a look.
Thanks!

Plunkin'
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!

Re: jetpacks fun not working - i think?

Post by Plunkin' » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:07 pm

+sm_jetpack
NAILS wrote: We have some awesome people here. Not sure why but who cares

rogerlopz

Post by rogerlopz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

I tried "+sm_jetpack" and it worked once, now its not working.

Also, the !bomb command its not working too but i think thats for another thread.

chopin
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by chopin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Many folks are finding their binds don't remain after restarting.

do you still have the guide that helps players establish a persistent command set in steam?

When I joined years ago something I read (here?) helped me create a hot key to join the server and it has followed me though complete new installs on new computers.

I don't recall how it was done and would like to add to the commands (as well as update my current bind).

Plunkin'
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!
a.k.a. Ohhh Shit!

Post by Plunkin' » Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 am

Put everything in an autoexec.cfg file in the cfg directory of dod:s. The default config.cfg file tends to get overwritten with updates and whatnot... at least it used to, and sounds like it still does. When you bind a key on the fly (through your console) it is saved in the config.cfg file. After you quit the game put it in the autoexec.cfg file. It is not there by default so you have to create it. When you start the game it reads the config.cfg first, then the autoexec.cfg file which will overwrite anything in the default config file. I basically recreated all my key binds in my autoexec.cfg so they remain permanently. All new binds and changes you want to permanently keep you put in there, such as cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate, cl_interp, cl_interp_ratio, fps_max, etc.

Key binds relative to our servers (change the keys to your liking):

You can make a desktop shortcut to connect to the server:

C:\your_path\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 300 -novid +connect 74.91.119.178:27015

NOTE: Installing Steam on an SSD will not have any effect on game play. DOD:S may load faster, but that's it! If you have the option to install it on a second HDD then use it to save space on your SSD.

Code: Select all

bind "F3" "connect 74.91.119.178:27015" // This will only work if you're in game playing on a server.
bind "h" "say !medic"
bind "q" "!bomb"
bind "PGDN" "+sm_jetpack"
This is going beyond the scope of your question but thought I would share this anyway. By playing around with cl_interp and cl_interp_ratio really helped my hit registration significantly, combined with a decent mouse! My old mouse kinda crapped out on making 'surgical' moves to dial in on a target.

My personal rate binds (yours will vary based on your location/ping):

Code: Select all

// It doesn't matter what you set your RATE at anymore since the server you play on now overrides it.
rate 30000

// Your cmdrate should not be higher than the servers tic rate. On a 100 tic server it should not be higher than 101.
// You need to set this lower to compensate for lag based on your connection.
cl_cmdrate 67

// updaterate should be adjusted like cmdrate, but doesn't need to be he same value. 
cl_updaterate 67

// Some people say this should be set to 0 and doesn't matter, but I found it did make a difference for me.
cl_interp 0.022

// I have a good connection so this is my default. Your default might be 2 (or 3 if your connection is horrible)
cl_interp_ratio 1
bind "i" "cl_interp_ratio 2"	// I use this as the server fills up. This will not take effect until you respawn.

// Anything more than your monitors refresh rate is really a waste. My fps stays locked at 200 on almost every map.
// The default is 0 which is unlimited. By lowering this I found my GPU temp lowered considerably.
fps_max 201
NAILS wrote: We have some awesome people here. Not sure why but who cares

chopin
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by chopin » Tue May 01, 2018 11:56 am

Oh yes this is it. can we pin this somewhere?